SOLAR 2000 (PTY) LIMITED, importers and suppliers of solar pool heating systems and associated products, warrants the products against faulty materials and/or workmanship in manufacture.
This is the only warranty given and it expressly excludes all other warranties, expressed or implied in law, including any implied warranty of merchantability to fitness for a particular purpose.
No amendments or additions to the warranty shall be binding on Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited.
This warranty expressly covers the above mentioned products only, and does not cover part or parts of the installation which may as a consequence of the failure or defect of solar pool heating, become damaged in any way whatsoever, and in any circumstances shall Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited be liable for any direct or consequential loss suffered by the customer and/or third party.
The warranty is applicable under the following conditions: The period of the warranty is calculated from the date of installation, provided that this documentation of the proof of installation is furnished. This shall be deemed to be the commencement date of the warranty period. It is therefore important that you complete the attached copy of the warranty registration form promptly after installation and post it to Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited, in order to ensure that your details are recorded.
WARRANTY: THIS WARRANTY EXTENDS BEYOND THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS OF THE SYSTEM DURING THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PERIOD.
ITEMS COVERED BY WARRANTY: The solar pool heating supplied by Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited, is warranted during the warranty period, to be free from defects in workmanship and materials or other malfunctions or inability to function under normal use and circumstances when installed, operated and maintained in accordance with the relevant instructions as supplied with each product. Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited at its sole discretion, will repair or replace the faulty article(s). Repairs or replacements carried out under warranty do not extend the warranty period on the product. Components removed during warranty repairs remain the property of Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited.
DURATION OF WARRANTY
1a SOLAR PANELS : The solar panel(s) shall be free from defects caused by faulty workmanship or materials that affect the normal functioning of the system for a period of TEN (10) years. This warranty does not apply to damage caused by freezing.
1b PERIPHERAL COMPONENTS: The peripheral components as supplied with our panel fittings shall be free from defects caused by faulty workmanship or materials for a period of TEN (10) years.
2. SOLAR COVER : The solar cover shall be free from defects caused by faulty workmanship or materials that affect the normal functioning of the cover for a period as follows:
- RD400 – Standard Blue, Black & Solarweave: 2 years full.
- RD500 – Sol+Guard, EnergyGuard & CoolGuard: 6 years pro rata.
3. ROLL-UP STATIONS : The roll-up station shall be warranted against faulty materials and / or workmanship for a period of TWO (2) years.
6. LABOUR : During the applicable warranty period Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited, at their own discretion, shall replace or repair the defective part with labor at NO CHARGE to the purchaser or subsequent owners for the first TWELVE (12) MONTHS after supply and / or installation, provided the fault is caused by faulty workmanship or materials. If no fault exists, a “call out” fee will be charged. Where a solar panel is defective and may require replacement during the period of year 2 – 5, a fee for labor will be charged.
7. TRAVELING / FREIGHT : Where warranty is claimed, all traveling and freight costs shall be the customer’s responsibility and will be for their account.
8. All defects must be reported to this office in the first instance, and this warranty shall be vitiated and rendered of no force or effect if any repairs are effected by the end buyer or representative on his behalf, in an attempt to remedy any alleged fault, unless authorized in writing by Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited.
WARRANTY IS VOID UNDER THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES
Failure to follow and comply with all documented recommendations as stated in the ‘Owners Operation Manual’ and ‘Installation and Maintenance Manual’ and may result in problems that should otherwise not occur.
It is accordingly essential that these instructions and guidelines be followed strictly in order to avoid possible resultant malfunctions.
- Where the product is not installed, operated or maintained in accordance with the relevant instructions supplied by Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited.
- Where the product is misused, damaged, abused, neglected or installed by an unauthorized person or subject to accident or alteration.
- Where the products are flushed or de-scaled by any process or product not recommended by Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited.
- Where any damage has been caused by transportation and / or incorrect handling.
- Where repairs or attempts to repair are made by an unauthorized person, other than Solar 2000 (Pty) Limited.
- Where poor quality or aggressive water is prevalent
- Where excessive ambient temperatures exceed 40ºC and freezing conditions are prevalent
- Where any “Act of God” or natural disaster may occur. It is strongly advised that due to the fact that the said equipment is a “fixture”, that the equipment should be specified and the appropriate authority or insurance company be advised accordingly to ensure adequate cover for the owner.